BuyerTemporary Full Time
$34.12 - $40.18 per hour (effective April 1st)
April 5, 2020
Come grow with us! Maple Ridge located in Metro Vancouver is a vibrant and rapidly growing City with outstanding recreation, arts and cultural amenities and some of the most affordable housing in the region. This combined with a dynamic community makes Maple Ridge a great place to work, play and live. Come join us and be part of the change.
Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication, interpersonal skills and exceptional customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for a skilled and motivated Buyer to join our team. This is a temporary full-time position covering a maternity leave for approximately eighteen (18) months. This term may be shortened or extended due to circumstances unforeseen at the time of posting.
A little bit about you:
- Considerable knowledge of the types, quantities, sources and prices of commodities and services purchased.
- Sound knowledge of municipal purchasing policies and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of market conditions, price trends and delivery practices.
- Sound knowledge of the functions and requirements of the various municipal departments served.
- Sound knowledge of contract law, negotiation and corporate insurance.
- Ability to evaluate quality and price elements and determine suitability of goods and services.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to prepare specifications, contracts and bid documents for a variety of products and services and to monitor and administer such contracts.
- Sound knowledge of software applications used in the work.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- A Valid Class 5 Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia, with a safe driving history is required.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by completion of Supply Chain Canada courses leading to the Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Information Check as a condition of employment. (Note – not required a part of the application process; however, will be required upon consideration for employment)
All required licenses, certificates and registrations associated with this competition must also be valid and current at the time the postings close and must be attached with your application. Please have these documents ready to upload when you apply.
The City offers a competitive compensation package that includes a strong wellness program and the opportunity for career and professional development.
If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.