Contract AdministratorPlanning & Protective Services – Regional Housing
Regular Full time
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$33.35 to 35.53 per hour
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on March 6, 2020
The Contract Administrator is responsible for the preparation, review and record keeping process for CRHC’s capital, annual maintenance and contracted services contracts according to corporate, department and property management policies and procedures. This position is responsible for the reconciliation of property damage/insurance claims in cooperation with the Property Manager. Additionally, this position regularly communicates, collaborates and coordinates with other CRHC staff to ensure a strong team culture that supports CRHC goals and objectives.
This position requires a clear criminal record check to work with vulnerable populations. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal record check in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates the Housing Corporation’s property insurance claims; including the recording, tracking, invoicing and reconciliation of each incident. Works with Property Managers and other staff while liaising with contractors, insurance adjusters, and tenant to ensure files are completed and closed out in a timely manner.
- Prepares contract documents and service agreements, posts to public notice boards such as BC Bid or CRD Sitefinity and monitors all forms of contracted work (service/seasonal maintenance and capital works) through lifecycle in coordination with the Senior Property Manager (SPM) – Procurement and Asset Services.
- Ensures corporate contract procurement, execution, storage and payment processes are followed.
- Ensures bonding, Work SafeBC and insurance requirements throughout contract or standing agreement duration.
- Monitors contracts ensuring supplier performance, adherence to all terms, conditions and quality. Investigates issues or discrepancies and reports up, in a timely manner.
- Works with Property Managers(PM)/Property Assists, contractors, consultants and other staff to coordinate and schedule maintenance services; ensuring all parties receive accurate, timely information that impacts the complex.
- Maintains accurate records and tracking process of all capital projects, contracted and seasonal services, including warranties and deficiencies. Prepares contract billing with proper authorizations for timely payment processing including statutory lien holdbacks payments and the recurring payments related to contracted services.
- Receives, reviews and verifies all contract invoices for accuracy and recommends payments; maintains accurate records and budgets.
- Participates in project grant funding process; preparing applications, verifying invoicing, payments and submitting reporting and completion documents as required.
- Responds verbally or in writing to inquiries, complaints regarding Works and Service Contracts from residents, neighbours and service contractors in coordination with the SPM, PMs and Caretakers.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vendors, external stakeholders, partners and all internal customers.
- Ensures all formats and templates are in place, proofread and current for effective and accountable management of contracts for the department.
- Prepares a variety of complex correspondence, contracts, briefing notes, spreadsheets and develops various reports for analytical purposes.
- Prepares budget reports to track, monitor and document project costs and project detail throughout the year. Assists in annual budget preparation.
- Sources component options when modernization or alternates are required.
- Acts as an administrative champion and supports training and guidance for ongoing systems and processes as required. Champion roles include areas, such as: component selection energy efficiency, errant vehicle removal options (towing), etc.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory in SAP materials management, if applicable.
- Maintains logs and files legal originals and associated drawings.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of CRD/CRHC.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Diploma, such as Certificate in Business Administration and five (5) years’ directly related work experience in procurement, contract management, residential property management. Including significant residential property management experience or Certificate of Supply Management and Procurement and six (6) year’s direct experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Advance proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), presentation (MS PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, SAP (Plant Maintenance) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Fully conversant with contract tendering procedures and legal requirements.
- Experience with project coordination with a focus on major capital projects.
- Accounting experience related to capital projects and property management. Knowledge of capital project terminology and payment processes including rules, regulations and rebates.
- Knowledge of building and technical terminology related to residential construction, legislation relevant to a social housing operation, including the Residential Tenancy Act, Work Safe BC policies and procedures, and OH&S Regulations.
- Ability to scrutinize and analyse complex financial and technical data.
- Ability to set up complex correspondence, reports, tables, spreadsheets.
- Strong skills in Business English, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Ability to compose administrative correspondence and proofread technical reports.
- Organize a high volume workload under constant deadlines in an ever-changing environment.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.