Senior Building Official
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Senior Building Official
CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies
February 6 - 23, 2020
The City of Port Moody is experiencing significant growth with a number of challenging and exciting building projects underway. We are seeking a Senior Building Official to perform inspections, review plans, coordinate and direct the work of other inspectors, interpret code and standards, and provide technical knowledge and expertise during the building permit process.
Reporting to the Manager of Building, Bylaw and Licensing, the Senior Building Official will be responsible for the review, issuance and inspection of building, plumbing and sprinkler permits for a variety of complex buildings and standard buildings. This position will review building permit applications, perform inspections, and assign inspections or projects to the Building Division staff. The Senior Building Official will review projects with Planning staff and other City departments and will provide consultations and recommendations on all upcoming projects.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to receipt of a satisfactory police information check and a satisfactory driver's abstract. Successful candidate must have own vehicle available for all shifts. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Completion of a Trades certificate (recognized four year trades apprenticeship) or Building Technology diploma
- Level III certification from the Building Officials' Association of BC
- Registered Building Official (R.B.O.), Registered Architect with AIBC, or Professional Engineer with EGBC
- Level II certification from the Plumbing Officials' Association of BC
- Minimum 8 years of job related experience as a Municipal Building Official
- Experience with a variety of construction types such as wood frame, concrete and steel, structural steel frame or masonry
- Experience in all areas of construction industry, including HVAC and sprinkler design, fire alarm, hydronic heating and electrical systems
- Strong independent judgement and creative decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver's License
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly
$45.93 - $49.47
Compensation & Benefits Overview
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefit package as well as professional development opportunities.