Summer Youth Leader
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Summer Youth Leader
CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies
January 22 - February 2, 2020
The City of Port Moody is looking for enthusiastic, energetic individuals to provide sport, recreation, leadership and supervision for youth at the Westhill Youth Centre and Recreation Complex Youth Lounge this summer.
This position is responsible for organizing a variety of recreation opportunities for youth, providing leadership and supervision to youth aged 11 - 18 in a variety of social, physical and educational recreation activities. The Summer Youth Leader will act as a positive role model while providing a safe and secure environment for youth.
These positions will run from approximately the beginning of July through August 21, 2020, with a mandatory in-service in late June. Please note that employment at the City of Port Moody is subject to receipt of a satisfactory police information check as well as a satisfactory driver's abstract. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
Candidates must have the following to be considered for interview:
- Grade 12 education plus a minimum of 6 months relevant experience in a leadership role working with young people ages 11 - 18 in a recreation setting
- Current Standard Level 1 First Aid and CPR "C"
- Ability to work as a team, as well as individually
- Ability to apply sound judgment while creating a fun and safe environment for youth
- Leadership and coaching experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of local resources for youth
- A Class 4 license (to drive youth bus) would be an asset
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly
Compensation & Benefits Overview
plus 12% in lieu