Facility Rental Coordinator
Facility Rental Coordinator
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Department: Community Sport
Application Closing Date: Jan 26, 259
Anticipated Start Date: February, 2020
Number of positions available: 1
We are looking for a 'Gold Medal Level' Rentals Coordinator to join our Community Sport team!
The Richmond Olympic Oval is a breathtaking venue on the banks of the Fraser River. Located in the City of Richmond, a culturally diverse and geographically unique community centrally located on Canada's West Coast, in Metro Vancouver. The Richmond Olympic Oval is an international centre of excellence for sports, health and wellness, culture and entertainment used by members of our community and those seeking to wear the maple leaf on the international stage. Peaked your interest? Check out the below video clip to learn some more about us (we think you’ll love it!)
Still Interested? Read on to see if you have what it takes to be our next Oval Team member!
As Facility Rentals Coordinator your core responsibilities include:
- Providing excellent customer service to renters, leagues, and sport partners (probing for feedback, communication of set-up, relationship management, etc.) in the track, courts, and ice.
- Actively sourcing and contacting potential clients.
- Informing clients about the rental rates as well as the terms and conditions.
- Providing detailed monthly and quarterly reports.
- Effectively and efficiently managing and processing a variety of time sensitive requests for facility bookings. This includes meeting with individuals, groups, and event coordinators, to discuss their needs and use of facility. This will include some evenings and weekends.
- The issuance of Facility Rental Agreements and appropriate rental insurance requirements.
- Maintaining and updating rental agreement files; contacting and notifying customers of overdue rental payments and process rental extensions.
- Enforcing allocation policies and managing user requests in a fair manner.
- Following up on customer requests and rental bookings.
- Exercising moderate level of independence of judgment and action within established facility rental guidelines; referring unusual or complex matters to your supervisor.
- Providing additional administrative support to the Sport Services department when needed including equipment purchasing and rental insurance oversight.
- Coordinating the booking of a variety of spaces within the Richmond Oval and initiate solutions for conflicts.
- Having sound knowledge of clerical and record keeping procedures (contract filing, insurance records, processing payments, etc.)
The Qualifications we are looking for:
- Completion of grade 12
- Familiar with a variety of sports (i.e. volleyball, hockey, badminton, basketball, soccer, etc.), including necessary equipment, as well as, set up and space requirements.
- Experience working with the PerfectMind registration software is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse client base – youth, seniors, adults and special populations and experience in building and sustaining effective relationships.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills together with strong verbal and written communication skills, and solid presentation skills.
- Passionate about producing results and superior problem-solving skills enable you to respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic manner.
- Detail oriented with excellent time management skills, and the ability to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to exercise initiative and make decisions in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and policies.
- Valid First Aid and AED certificate.
- Successful completion of a Criminal Record Check.
$44,051 - $55, 064 (salary is based on qualifications and experience)
Our workplace values are the guiding principles that are most important to us about the way that we work.
Aligning with the City of Richmond, the Richmond Olympic Oval is an incredibly diverse and high performing values-based organization. Our values (People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation) are at the core of what we do; they define our culture, represent our collective conscience, and define the basic principles by which we operate. Our values govern the way we make decisions, guide us as we interact with our community, and shape our unique workplace culture and environment.
Our gifts to you as an Oval Team Member:
Some of the perks for working at a world class Olympic Venue include:
- Full Oval Membership with access to 20,000 sq ft fitness centre with top class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, 4-storey climbing wall, YYoga studio, endless fitness classes, Olympic sized ice rinks and the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) museum
- Extended Health and Dental plan (Single and Family coverage)
- Health spending account (Annual)
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Collaborative team environment
- Learning and development opportunities
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment