Strathcona Regional District
POSTING NO: 2020-02
POSTING DATE: January 7, 2020
POSTING EXPIRY DATE: January 28, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Strathcona Regional District is currently recruiting for a full-time building official. Under the direction of the senior manager, community services, the building official is responsible for conducting on-site inspections of standard and complex buildings to ensure compliance requirements of the building bylaw(s), the building code and/or other enactments respecting safety; issuing permits; assisting the public with building, permit and inspection matters; analyzing new building/plumbing materials and specifications to verify compliance with the code; attending meetings as a representative of the regional district with various stakeholders regarding a variety of building inspection issues; and providing technical advice and assistance to regional district staff, managers, contractors and the general public.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
(or equivalent combination)
- Community college diploma in Building Construction Technology from BCIT or equivalent institution, or Trade Qualification in Carpentry.
- Course work for Registered Building Official designation.
- Over 7 years and up to and including 8 years directly related building construction industry experience including four years as a building official.
REQUIRED LICENCES, CERTIFICATES AND REGISTRATIONS
(required for acceptance into the job or to be acquired in first 6 months of being in the job)
- Registered Building Official (Level 2)
- Plumbing Official Association of BC – Level 1 (Level 2 preferred)
- Possession of valid BC Class 5 drivers licence
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience supplemented by a comprehensive benefit package.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting posting #2020-02 Building Official to email@example.com by 4:00 pm Tuesday, January 28, 2020.