Asset Management Coordinator
Town of Drayton Valley
Asset Management Coordinator
Job No: 118027
Location: Drayton Valley, Alberta
- Take your career to the next level with a progressive Municipal Council.
- Exciting opportunity for individuals with a civil engineering background.
- Enjoy a competitive salary and a host of excellent benefits.
About the Town of Drayton Valley
Governed by a Mayor and six elected Councillors, The Town of Drayton Valley is a municipality in Central Alberta that is dedicated to fostering the long-term growth and sustainability of their vibrant community. With a focus on promoting public well-being, the Council is responsible for setting the overall direction for the Town through the creation and review of policies and programs, including but not limited to, public safety, utilities, business activities, land development, transportation, wildlife, and family and community services.
To effectively support the needs of the community, the Town has established a dedicated team of professionals with knowledge and expertise in a wide range of areas. Operating in a friendly, supportive, and progressive workplace, the Town empowers each employee to expand their skills and experience through the provision of training and development opportunities while also supporting a healthy work-life balance for all.
About the Opportunity
Currently, the Town of Drayton Valley is seeking an experienced Asset Management Coordinator to join our dedicated team in Central Alberta on a full-time basis.
As our new Asset Management Coordinator, you'll be responsible for the accuracy, integrity, and quality of asset information for the Town of Drayton Valley including surface and underground infrastructure, Town owned facilities, and Town owned equipment. You'll also be tasked with anticipating municipal needs in the short, medium, and long term in order to plan accordingly and in order to assist the General Manager of Engineering and the Facility Manager in budgeting appropriately.
More specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the creation of an Asset Management Program while collaborating with senior leadership.
- Accessing and assembling existing data records from various departments and media.
- Transferring written data to electronic data where applicable.
- Facilitating an asset management inventory for Town assets.
- Assisting management with granting, in regards to status and applications, under the guidance of the Finance Department.
- Deploying approved software for aggregating asset information.
- Training Town staff on asset management processes and their role in collecting data.
- Providing input to senior leadership in order to continually improve the program.
- Reviewing growth rates of the inventory and developing medium and long term state analysis.
- Reviewing the impacts of growth on existing inventory and recommending future service requirements.
- Determining the current condition and value of assets as well as assessing the future replacement, rehabilitation, or maintenance costs.
- Analyzing future funding requirements and expansion requirements in order to maintain the current level of service.
- Coordinating with Brazeau County regarding services in the inter-municipal development area.
- Providing regular reports regarding the Town's assets in alignment with the financial reporting sequence.
- Managing the Town's insurance policy and maintenance.
In order to qualify for this role, you'll need a degree or diploma in tech/civil engineering along with at least 3 years of civil engineering experience and at least 1 year of budgeting and work planning experience. A valid class 5 driver's license is also required. Previous Project Management experience is an asset.
As our ideal candidate, you'll join us with excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form along with knowledge of asset management practices. Your strong interpersonal skills and high level of professionalism will combine with your knowledge of asset management practices to see you succeed in this role.
Above all, you'll be a hands-on individual who is able to motivate others while maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary that is negotiable based on your qualifications, skills and experience.
As an organization that truly values the contributions of our employees, we actively support training and professional development, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
All of our employees have access to a great range of benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision.
- Long and Short-Term Disability.
- RRSP contribution of 2%.
- Pension Plan matching of 6%.
- Health care spending account of up to $250.
- Flex day program.
- An employee wellness program - you'll get free access for you and your family to our town gym and pool facilities.
That's not all. By joining the Town of Drayton Valley, you will be welcomed into a friendly, supportive, and family-oriented community with excellent facilities and school system.
Don't miss this great opportunity to take on a key strategic position with a progressive and respected municipal Council. Apply Now!
To apply for this role please go to https://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/118027