Finance /Accounting / Economics
Town of Wainwright
The Town of Wainwright is seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual for the full-time management position of Director of Finance. Reporting to the CAO, the Director of Finance is responsible for providing oversight and management of the day to day finance functions of the organization, including the supervision of finance and clerical staff.
Outline of Duties:
- Responsible for the Finances and Investments for the Town of Wainwright
- Oversees and develops all financial and accounting functions which includes but is not limited to Tax Roll, AP, AR, Payroll, Utility billing, Fixed assets
- Oversees Bellamy Accounting Software System
- Oversees and develops the Town of Wainwright’s computers & IT contract.
- Provides necessary reports and advice to the Chief Administrative Officer and department heads on all matters of a financial and accounting nature
- Develops the annual Operating and Capital Budget for Council’s approval in accordance with Provincial Government requirements that results in accurate operating and capital estimates.
- Develop and maintain the 3 year Operating and 5 year Capital Plan for Council’s approval
- Prepares and develops the Tax Bylaw based on the approved budget
- The Director of Finance is required to sit on the Wainwright Regional Waste to Energy Board as Secretary-Treasurer
- Other duties as assigned by the CAO
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or equivalent
- Post-secondary certification/diploma/degree in accounting, finance or related area
- Ten (10) years experiences in municipal accounting and financial administration
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Municipal Government Act and Provincial Statues
- Proven interpersonal, supervisory and team leadership skills
- Strong Microsoft Office and accounting software skills are essential
Salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Town of Wainwright offers a very competitive benefit package.
Closing Date: February 21, 2020
Resumes including cover letter stating experience, qualifications and references can be submitted to:
Town of Wainwright
1018 – 2 Avenue
Wainwright, AB T9W 1R1
Attention: Ed Chow, Chief Administrative Officer
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.