Aquatics Head Guard
We are currently accepting applications for the position of
Aquatics Head Guard
Why work for the Town of Canmore?
Our team is professional, fun, dedicated, and passionate about our community, this work, and the endless opportunities for adventure in our magnificent Rocky Mountain environment. Our municipal landscape includes a unique variety of issues and considerations that provide rewarding challenges and opportunities to innovate. As an organization, the Town of Canmore exists to serve the community and visitors to Canmore, with the goal to support a more sustainable future for all.
This position will provide you with both teamwork and leadership opportunities, as you will work as part of the Aquatics Leadership team to maintain the day-to-day operations and procedures, pool maintenance, programs and customer service. You will coach, mentor, train new staff and take a lead in programming implementation and instruction. As a role model for both staff and the community, you will have the opportunity to hone and model exceptional customer service skills, helping to make Elevation Place a popular destination for both residents and visitors from around the World! You will have the opportunity to take a leadership role with a talented and energetic team of aquatics professionals to support programs and services that enhance quality of life for citizens and visitors to our community.
Interested in taking that next step towards leadership in aquatics!?
Possession of the following qualifications and experience will help you to be successful in this role:
- Two years related experience in the aquatics industry as both a lifeguard and instructor
- Current certifications as a Red Cross Water Safety Instructor and/or Lifesaving Society Instructor, National Lifeguard Service award, and Standard First Aid
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer, Lifesaving First Aid Instructor, National Lifeguard Instructor, Pool Operator 1, Aquatic Fitness or other special certification (i.e. Kayak, Swim Coach, Synchronized swimming certification) are considered a strong asset
Closing Date for Applications:
This posting will remain open until Filled
How to Apply:
To apply, please combine your cover letter and resume into a single document (PDF or Word) and apply directly on our website at: www.canmore.ca. To help us learn more about you, in your cover letter please clearly detail the following:
- Why you want to be a Head Lifeguard for the Town of Canmore aquatics team? What do you love about aquatics?
- What previous leadership skills or attitudes do you have that make you ready for this next step?
- What does excellent teamwork look like to you, and how will you bring this attitude to the team?