Teen Drop-In Leader
Parks & Environmental Services – Panorama Recreation
Teen Drop-In Leader
Hours of Work
Up to 18 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$20.42 per hour (plus 14% in lieu of benefits)
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on October 17, 2019 but posting will remain open until filled
Shifts include Friday evenings from 5:30-10:30pm and/or Saturday evenings from 5:30-8:30pm
Under the general direction of the Assistant Community Recreation Coordinator, the Teen Drop-In Leader will be responsible for planning and overseeing youth centre activities for youths between ages 10-15 years. The Teen Drop-In Leader will ensure the safety and wellbeing of participants while establishing positive relationships with participants, parents, coordinators and supervisors.
This position requires an acceptable criminal record check. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal record check in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads and supervises groups of youths in a positive, fun, engaging and safe environment (incorporating games and activities).
- Creates and maintains a safe and inclusive environment for youth.
- Sets up and takes down equipment, and ensures program spaces are clean and tidy after use.
- Acts as a liaison between the general public and Panorama Recreation.
- Assists with the promotion and marketing of the youth centre.
- Plans and facilitates seasonal events and weekly activities at the youth centre.
- Other related duties as required.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Post-secondary coursework in related program such as recreation, child and youth care, education or social sciences.
- Experience developing and leading recreational activities.
- Related experience working with youth.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive and appropriate relationships with youth.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and resolve conflict.
- Excellent customer service, communication (both verbal and written), organizational, interpersonal and public relations skills and experience are required.
- Current Emergency First Aid certification with CPR-C.
- Class 4 Driver’s License
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.