General Manager of Corporate Services
General Manager of Corporate ServicesLocated on the Trans Canada Highway, Swift Current is a dynamic city of approximately 18,500 people. It is the major population centre for southwest Saskatchewan. The area is largely an agricultural base, with oil and gas, tourism and manufacturing sectors contributing to the economy. The City of Swift Current has many larger city amenities and provides the quality of life of a smaller community.
The City of Swift Current is accepting applications for the position of General Manager of Corporate Services. This is a permanent full-time position, reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer. The General Manager is accountable for the Division overseeing all activities and staff within the Division. Responsibilities include the administration of the City/RCMP MOU and for leading the effective management of all corporate financial and capital accounting methods, annual operational planning and budgeting, corporate communications and marketing programs, human resource programming and services, OHS advisory and policy implementation and all recording systems and operational policies associated with same.
This position will act for the Chief Administrative Officer in his/her absence and will represent corporate services at Council and/or Director/Manager meetings as required. This position will also represent the City externally and be a member of provincial advisory committees related to human resource, communications, and financial or capital infrastructure interests.
- University Degree in Business Administration or Commerce with an accounting major or equivalent education and experience;
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA) or a combination of experience and completion of relevant Municipal Government training. Must be willing to attain Certification;
- Extensive directly related experience with a minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in a senior managerial role, preferably within the public sector or municipal environment;
- Willing to become Youth Certified;
- Must possess excellent leadership, problem-solving, organizational, and project management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff and government, elected officials, consultants, and the general public;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Familiar with Oracle Fusion Software – financial/accounting software.
Please submit resume and references, by 4:30 p.m. on October 25, 2019 to:
Human Resource Department
City of Swift Current
P.O. Box 340
SK S9H 3W1
Fax: (306) 778-2194
We wish to thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.