The Community Government of Behchokǫ̀ requires a Recreation Manager who reports to the Senior Administrative Officer. The Recreation Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of recreation programs that provide opportunities for sports and recreation, and promote a healthy lifestyle for all the community residents.
- Degree or Program Diploma in Recreation Management and or the completion of the Recreation Facility Operators Program with related recreation programming experience.
- A minimum of 2 years successful experience as a Recreation Manager.
- Knowledge in recreation, sport leisure program administration, management and delivery;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, procedures and rules;
- Volunteer training, development, and recognition;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Advanced computer skills including the ability to use common office software, e.g. Excel, Word Processing, PowerPoint, and Publisher programs;
- Fluency in both English and Tłı̨chǫ language would be an asset;
- Must be bondable and submit to a Criminal Record Check & a Vulnerable Sector Check as a prerequisite.
Sports and recreation are very important to Behchokǫ̀ residents. The Recreation Manager will have to manage several requests and projects at one time, as well as be aware of all community recreation programs and all relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
Further details may be obtained by calling Louisa Wedzin, Senior Administrative Officer at (867)392-6500 ext. 2302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit a complete resume, cover letter, & references on or before 3:00 pm, September 20, 2019 to the following address:
Community Government of Behchokǫ̀
ATTN: SAO Louisa Wedzin
P.O. Box 68 Behchokǫ̀, NT X0E 0Y0
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this competition.