Lifeguard (Competition # V1218)
Competition # V1218
LifeguardSechelt and Gibsons Pools
Closing Date: Open until further notice
The Sunshine Coast Regional District is currently inviting applications for the position of Lifeguard (casual) at the Sechelt and Gibsons Aquatic facilities. The incumbent will provide life-guarding services to the patrons of the facilities and perform administrative and janitorial duties.
- Satisfactory results from a RCMP Criminal Records Check are required.
- Must be available to work weekdays and weekends, including early mornings and evenings; includes before and after school shifts as required.
- Must be available to work at both the Sechelt and Gibsons Aquatic Facilities.
- Casuals relieve employees who are on sick leave, leave of absence, vacation, or peak work periods for overload situations; there are no regularly scheduled hours nor any guarantee of hours.
This is a bargaining unit position. The appropriate hourly rate will be received for the work as assigned.
- Lifeguard I:$22.42 per hour
- Instructor Guard:$24.47 per hour
- Lifeguard II:$26.73 per hour
Applications for this position must include a current resume, a cover letter quoting the competition number and proof of education/certification submitted via email to Human Resources. Qualification requirements including formal education, training, experience and other skills and knowledge can be found in the job description available with the SCRD website posting at www.scrd.ca/employment .
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sunshine Coast Regional District
1975 Field Road
Sechelt, BC V0N 3A1