Inspectional / Regulatory / Enforcement
Town of Peace River
The Town of Peace River is expanding its Peace Officer Program to a 2 person team and we are looking for a dynamic individual to join us. If you enjoy collaborating, have strong integrity and are committed to public service then we want to hear from you!
Peace River is a progressive urban centre in Northwest Alberta, and is a scenic, growing town that is home to just under 7,000 residents. The community is situated in the Peace River Valley and straddles the banks of the mighty Peace River. The town is within a five hours’ drive north of Edmonton and two hours northeast of Grande Prairie and has air, rail and bus services.
Reporting to the Manager of Protective Services, the Community Peace Officer 1 is to provide awareness and enforcement of Town Bylaws and Provincial Statutes as per the approved budget, policies and procedures of the Town of Peace River.
The Community Peace Officer 1 is also responsible to ensure a safe andpleasant community through community involvement, positive visibility in the community and public relations.
The minimum level of education required to perform these duties are:
- Completion of Grade 12 Diploma;
- Successful completion of an approved physical abilities test for uniformed enforcement roles;
- Successful completion of the Community Peace Officer Induction Course taught at the Solicitor General and Public Security Staff College; and,
- Current Radar Certification
The minimum experience required to perform these duties are:
- Two (2) years of applicable Law Enforcement experience;
- Ability to interpret and enforce Town Bylaws and Provincial Statutes;
- Effective written, presentation and oral communication skills;
- Well developed public relations skills; must be able to respond courteously and professionally when enforcing bylaws and statutes and have a proven ability to resolve conflict situations; and,
- Clean Criminal Records Check, Driver’s Abstract and Valid Class 5 license.
A full job description is available upon request. Compensation includes a competitive benefits and pension plan.
Full Time • Permanent Employment
$68,161 to $85,604
40 hours per week
Shift Work/Irregular Schedule
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Closing Date: September 7, 2019
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to (quote Competition #19/045):
Human Resources Coordinator
Fax: (780) 624-4664