Out-of-School Care Leader
(up to 3 positions)
Out-of-School Care Leader
Parks & Environmental Services – Panorama Recreation
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday (2:15 pm – 6:00 pm, or 2:30 pm – 5:45 pm; minor changes on early dismissal days). Hours of work may vary based on operational needs.
Rate of Pay
$22.98 per hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits (total wage: $26.20 per hour)
This competition will remain open until the successful candidate is found.
Term: September 2019 to June 2020, with training in late – August 2019. These positions will be based out of the Greenglade Community Centre in Sidney and/or the Central Saanich Culture Centre in Brentwood Bay.
Under the direct supervision of the Recreation Program Coordinator and Recreation Program Assistant, the Out of School Care Leader is responsible for the implementation and delivery of the Panorama Out of School Care program for children/youth. Hours of work may vary based on operational needs.
Incumbents will required to provide two acceptable criminal record checks. One with Municipal Police Station for hire with CRD and one specific to Licensed Child Care program with the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison between general public and Panorama Recreation.
- Responsible for picking-up and transporting youth to the centre using 23 passenger bus.
- Responsible for the delivery of safe, healthy and enjoyable care for children ages 5-10.
- Prepare daily program planning and provide leadership to promote a fun, positive environment as well as provide opportunities for participation in a variety of recreational activities
- Plan and prepare snack
- Plan an prepare weekly out trip
- Monitor use and distribution of program equipment.
- Ensure toys and equipment are safe and sanitary.
- Lead and plan activities such as arts & crafts, sports, cooperative games, and dynamic play.
- Adhere to the licensing requirements set forth by the Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Other duties as required.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Current Emergency First Aid certificate with CPR level C (or higher).
- Experience leading children or youth programs and 20 hours of education in this area.
- Familiar with Ministry of Children and Families Development Licensing regulations
- A statement signed by a medical practitioner indicating that the person is physically and psychologically capable of working with children, is required.
- Excellent communications (verbal and written), interpersonal, customer service skills are required.
- Must possess a valid Class 4 BC Driver’s License (or be willing to obtain prior to start of position).
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.