Director of Finance / City Treasurer
Director of Finance / City TreasurerFull Time, Permanent Position
Position Overview: Under the direction of the City Manager, this position is responsible for the financial management of the City. This position directly supervises three clerical staff and plays a key role in ensuring financial information is communicated effectively throughout the organization.
The core responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- The performance of the financial operations of the City;
- Legislative compliance related to financial operations;
- Overseeing the assessment and taxation functions of the City;
- Assisting with some of the human resources functions of the City; and
- Communicating financial information to City personnel and the public.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have demonstrated effective leadership, management and interpersonal skills; extensive experience with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning and asset management; and excellent communication skills, particularly in presenting the results of financial analysis.
The following are the qualifications of the position:
- A Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference will be given to candidates with a professional accounting designation.
- Extensive knowledge of corporate administrative, human resources and financial procedures and practices.
- Five or more years of experience in a similar leadership role is preferred. Prior municipal administration experience is an asset.
Compensation: This position is a non-union position. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits plan. The salary range for the position is $75,324 to $94,155.
Application Instructions: Apply by submitting resume and cover letter to the Acting City Manager – Jessica Walters
Email: email@example.com Phone: 306-236-3622 ext.206
Closing Date: September 6, 2019 or when filled
Year round outdoor activities are Meadow Lake’s biggest draw with plenty of opportunities to camp, hunt, fish, snowmobile, ski, quad, swim, bike, or even golf at the City’s 18-hole golf course. In addition to all the standard amenities in the City, Meadow Lake is only 30 minutes away from one of Saskatchewan’s most pristine outdoor playgrounds, Meadow Lake Provincial Park, with more than 20 lakes and 1,600 km2 of forest. For more information about our community or the job posting, visit our website at meadowlake.ca or contact the hiring manager.