Director, Strategic Initiatives
BC Public Service
BC Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Fort St. John
Director, Strategic Initiatives$90,900.00 – $118,400.00 annually
This position is located in Fort St. John, BC. Victoria and other locations close to a major BC airport may be considered, subject to ministry operational requirements.
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development is the Province’s agency responsible for land and resource management in BC, which includes the protection of the Province’s archaeological and heritage resources. Operating on a provincial land base of over 94 million hectares, the Ministry ensures the sustainable management of forest, wildlife, water and other land-based resources; works with Indigenous and rural communities to strengthen and diversify their economies; and, supports activities that provide environmental, economic, cultural and social benefits.
The Director, Strategic Initiatives develops and maintains a broad network of strategic and business leadership relationships across the Natural Resource Sector agencies to communicate and collaborate project objectives and progress, and promote successful delivery of the priorities and goals of the Ministry. Through this function, this role leads and contributes to strategies associated with the natural resource sector shift to the One Provincial Land and Resource Manager promoting economic and environmental sustainability.
If your proven leadership style includes excellent problem solving, communication and change management skills with the ability to exercise good judgement with a high degree of tact and diplomacy in a variety of environments and situations, we look forward to receiving your application.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary education in a field related to natural resource management, business/public administration, First Nations studies, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience. Preference may be given for post-secondary education in a natural resource management related field [such as forestry, agrology, etc.].
- Significant [5 or more years] experience in natural resource management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant [5 or more years] experience working with First Nations’ communities and facilitating First Nations’ consultations or negotiations.
- Experience in a management capacity dealing with politically sensitive and/or provincially significant issues.
- Experience managing and leading geographically dispersed multi-disciplinary staff.
- Must have a valid Class 5 BC driver's licence [or equivalent].
Preference may be given for the following:
- Experience developing policy, procedures and corporate practices.
- Experience in a senior management capacity including business and organizational planning.
For more information and to apply online by August 21, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/61920