City of Surrey
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
The City of Surrey's Parks, Recreation & Culture Department is seeking regular full time Head Lifeguards to provide leadership, supervision and direction in the development of fun and interactive activities, special events and facility operations.
- Provide leadership, direction and supervision to a team of high performing Lifeguards, Instructors, and facility support staff.
- Ensure the facility is well maintained and kept clean and safe on a daily basis, in accordance with BC Health Act.
- Perform and direct staff in routine maintenance such as cleaning change rooms, performing scheduled checks of water quality and equipment functions.
- Instruct in-service training and assist in developing program and activity schedules suited to the needs and interests of the facility participants.
- Lead or participate in planning, organizing and delivering special events and leisure swim activities.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Lifeguard / Instructor and aquatic program leader.
- Possess valid certificates in National Lifeguard Service – Pool option, Water Safety Instructor, Standard First Aid with CPR C and Pool Operator Level One.
- One or more additional Industry aquatic courses are desired.
- Ability to work in a high energy, positive environment.
Please apply by July 19, 2019
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
The successful candidate will be placed within a City of Surrey pool location based on operational requirements.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca