Facility Maintenance Supervisor
City of North BattlefordINTERNAL / EXTERNAL POSTING
REGULAR FULL TIME – OUT OF SCOPE FC001
Facility Maintenance Supervisor
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the administration and documentation of the City’s building and facility preventative maintenance program as it pertains to the building envelope (Doors, Windows, Roof systems) and related mechanical equipment (Boilers, Pumps, Filtration Systems, Electrical Motors, Elevators, Fire Alarm, and HVAC systems)
- Provide regular reports on the completion of preventative maintenance tasks and other repair work as assigned.
- Oversee and administer the building maintenance electronic work order system and software.
- Provide leadership and guidance to maintenance staff in the coordination of work efforts.
- Work closely with the Fleet and Maintenance Manager to ensure high quality of maintenance operations, asset protection, and facility management.
- Oversee, administer, and report on the building maintenance after hours call out system.
- Organize work crews according to maintenance tasks, required repairs, and annual work plans.
- Provide input to the annual operational and capital budget process based on inspections, building component life expectancy, and asset protection principles for short and long term planning.
- Performance management and evaluation of staff, including involvement with the disciplinary process when necessary.
- Supervise the completion of duties related to the operation, maintenance and repair of traffic lights.
- Investigates, plan, and implement energy saving initiatives in civic buildings. In some cases, this will require long term planning and budget considerations.
- Maintain positive relationships, deal effectively and courteously with staff, co-workers, contractors, user groups, and the general public.
- Be a leader of all operating procedures, safe work practices and all occupational health and safety guidelines.
- Ensure workers have and maintain proper training for assigned work tasks.
- Coordinate and maintain all documentation regarding staff training, supervision of tasks, toolbox meetings, pre-job hazard assessments, after hours call outs, timesheet completion, overtime approval, etc.
- Plan and implement changes in maintenance work procedures and processes to create departmental efficiencies and a culture of constant improvement.
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in a related field or a combination of experience and training that is equivalent and satisfactory to the employer.
- Demonstrated three to five years’ effective experience in a leadership role directly managing team activity.
- Three years’ experience in the field of building maintenance, HVAC, and building systems controls.
- Possess and maintain a Class 5 Drivers License
- Must obtain a vulnerable sector criminal record check
- Must obtain RCMP clearance for access to RCMP facility within 1 year of employment, and maintain the renewal of this clearance.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, First Aid/CPR certification, Powered Mobile Equipment Evaluator training, WHIMIS, BMS system training, and any other training deemed necessary by the City including train the trainer where available.
- Formal education and/or demonstrated experience in project management.
- Experience with electronic work order software and building maintenance systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as email, calendar, excel spreadsheet creation and maintenance.
- Demonstrated role as an advocate for positive organizational change.
$72,745 – $90,586 City Benefits Plan and Municipal Employee’s Pension Plan
Must live in or be willing to re-locate to the City of North Battleford or its direct trading area (within 30 minutes’ travel time of the City of North Battleford).
As soon as possible Job Reference #: FC001 – Facility Maintenance SupervisorPlease submit a detailed resume and references, quoting the job reference number, to be submitted to: Department of Human Resources, City Hall, no later than 4:30PM, July 19th, 2019 Fax: (306) 445-0411, Email: email@example.com