City of Courtenay
The City of Courtenay invites applications for the position of "Procurement Specialist" in the Purchasing Division of the Legislative and Corporate Services Department. This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions in the collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
The City of Courtenay is situated on the east coast of central Vancouver Island, within the traditional lands of the K'ómoks First Nation. Accessible by land, sea or air, Courtenay is a culturally diverse community that offers supernatural beauty at its doorstep. The City (approximate population 25,000) is the urban and cultural hub of the larger community, the Comox Valley (approximate population 65,000). With many beaches, rivers, and lakes; Mt. Washington Ski and Alpine Resort; and world class golfing, the Comox Valley is known for its year-round recreation and sports opportunities.
Courtenay is an innovative, vibrant and growing City that works together to provide opportunities and excellent services making our community a great place to live, work and do business.
The City fosters a positive work environment for everyone on our team. Our organization's culture is demonstrated by our Corporate Mission and Core Values.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for a variety of procurement functions including but not limited to the preparation of competitive bid documents such as tenders; making requests for quotations and proposals for user departments; setting up evaluation processes; resolving bid irregularities; performing price and cost analyses; negotiating acceptable prices, terms and condition and monitoring for effectiveness as well as contract management.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Diploma or Degree in a Business related field from a recognized educational institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of Level 2 (SCMP) Supply Chain Management Professional accreditation program from the Purchasing Management Association of Canada OR (CPPB) Certified Professional Public Buyer accreditation from the Universal Public Procurement Certification Council
- Considerable (5 years) purchasing related experience and contractual practices preferably in the public sector
- Considerable knowledge of current purchasing methods and best practices, competitive processes, and the legislation and regulations relating to purchasing activities
- Thorough knowledge of various office equipment and computer software programs
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, organizational, time management, analytical, computer and keyboarding skills
- Ability to read and have a general understanding of technical and legal documents and government regulations
- Ability to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- Ability to deal courteously, tactfully and diplomatically with vendors, contractors, the general public and City staff
- Police Information Check
This is a full-time position available soon. The 2019 hourly wage rate is $40.50 based on a 35-hour work week.
If you have the above qualifications along with the passion to help Courtenay become the most liveable City in British Columbia, then submit a resume outlining how you meet the qualifications with a covering letter clearly marked “Procurement Specialist".
To submit your application, go to www.courtenay.ca/jobs