Claims Management/Return to Work Coordinator
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Claims Management/Return to Work Coordinator
The Claims Management/Return to Work (RTW) Coordinator will work closely with and support our Occupational Health & Wellness Specialist to optimize efficient claims management, stay at work and return to work processes. The focus of this role is to facilitate compliance with WorkSafeBC work injury reporting requirements and assist with mitigating productivity loss due to work place injury by efficient and effective claims management. The Claims Management/RTW Coordinator will take a proactive role in facilitating early return or work and stay at work initiatives by helping supervisors and managers identify modified duties and return to work opportunities. Excellent communication skills, commitment to providing quality service and ability to build positive relationships are essential to this position.
The Coordinator will be responsible for administering all aspects of Workers’ Compensation claims including:
- Working closely with Occupational Health & Wellness Specialist to implement claims and case management of Workers’ Compensation claims and absences;
- Reviewing and triaging all WorkSafeBC claims; collecting and managing all WorkSafeBC correspondence, medical documentation and other documents and confirming all necessary information with all parties involved including determining early and safe return to work opportunities;
- Following up with and gathering facts for WorkSafeBC Claims submission and determination of claim merit;
- Completing Employers’ Report of Injury within the required time frame;
- Providing claims information to WorkSafeBC in a timely manner and follow up on cases with all involved individuals;
- Maintaining contact with injured employees and employees on modified return to work plans;
- Identifying and addressing barriers to stay at work and return to work; work collaboratively with managers/supervisors and employees to develop non-complex return to work plans;
- Maintaining regular communication with departments on status of injured employees, payroll coding, claim status;
- Supporting and coaching managers and supervisors to promote consistent and fair disability claims and case management;
- Maintaining confidentiality of medical and personal sensitive information pertaining to the employees on leave of absence due to medical reasons and when developing and implementing return to work plans;
- Tracking and recording active claims files, and auditing and maintaining employee records (payroll, personal information, leaves, etc.) to ensure accuracy and consistency;
- Creating, assembling, and/or maintaining internal reports and statistics including disability management, accommodation and attendance spreadsheets;
- Working with departments to identify a job jar of modified, alternative work for each job type; and
- Providing support in the administering of the Attendance Management program.
City of Delta
The successful candidate will have a diploma in either disability management, claims management, business administration, human resources management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Certifications for NIDMAR, CRTWC, and/or CDMP are preferred. The successful candidate will also need to have robust experience with claims and/or disability management and a strong working knowledge of relevant legislations and practices. Experience working in a unionized environment is also preferred.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan as well as an earned-days-off system. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition number 19-104 EX by June 3, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted. Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K 3E2