Farm Labourers & Play Leaders (Recreation Worker 2)
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Farm Labourers & Play Leaders
(Recreation Worker 2)
Parks and Recreation
CUPE, Local 387
$20.66 - $21.65 per hour + 12% in lieu of all benefits
The City of New Westminster has several auxiliary positions available for Play Leaders and Farm staff to carry out labouring duties in the Queen’s Park Farm and provide recreational activities at various parks throughout the City. Shifts may take place at the Queen’s Park Farm or at the playgrounds located at Ryall, Sapperton, Moody, Hume, Grimston and Queen’s Parks. These seasonal auxiliary positions commence in two phases; Phase 1 in early May and Phase 2 in mid June. Schedules run through early September.
This position will be required to:
- Provide fun and safe games and activities to the public.
- Interact with community and picnic groups.
- Participate in the delivery of special events and programs.
- Attend staff orientations and training sessions.
- Complete relevant reports, forms, and requests.
- Work collectively with volunteers.
- Travel to a variety of park locations, often within the same day.
- Conduct petting farm duties, including caring for animals and yard cleaning (required for May Hire(s) only).
- Work on weekdays, weekends and evenings.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle will be an asset.
- National Life Saving Certificate (required for Grimston Park wading pool shifts).
- The successful candidate must be able to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #19-46, by April 15, 2019, to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.