Computer Programmer / Analyst
Computer Programmer / AnalystFull-Time Temporary (This position to last not later than December 31, 2019)
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
We need leadership, dynamism, and expertise to guide and protect the livability of our region. We need you.
Our Corporate Services Department is seeking a Computer Programmer / Analyst who will be part of a fun and dynamic team who administers and supports Metro Vancouver’s Enterprise Applications.
You are a self-motivated individual with hands-on Unit4 and/or Questica administration or developer experience. You appreciate both innovation and stability and can balance operational needs with new fun and exciting challenges. You value teamwork, communication, customer satisfaction, and laughter.
- Works with user department staff in analyzing existing and proposed data processing procedures and requirements; devises and develops computer solutions for problems of varying complexity.
- Prepares detailed specifications for and writes new programs and revises existing programs utilizing all available and applicable software aids and languages.
- Provides technical assistance for and coordinates the development and integration of programs; prepares test data and conducts program testing and debugs programs; identifies the need for additional testing.
- Prepares and maintains detailed user and operations documentation.
- Evaluates the need for and develops general purpose routines, utilities and command procedures.
- Keeps up to date with developments in programming techniques and languages, operating systems, data base management software and related matters.
- May provide technical direction to programmers in junior classifications.
- Estimates time and cost of system development activities and reports progress against those estimates.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of a two year diploma course in computer programming or systems development at a technical institute or community college plus sound experience in programming; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of computer programming methods, practices and procedures as applied to the work performed.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, techniques and equipment used in data processing operations.
- Considerable knowledge of the operating system used in the District's computer system.
- Considerable knowledge of problem definition and solution techniques applicable to data processing systems and procedures, as applied to the work performed.
- Ability to collect, analyze and evaluate information required for programming purposes, to develop logical solutions for assigned problems and to perform the resultant coding.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with divisional and user department staff.
- Ability to operate data processing equipment.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by March 29, 2019.