Job Id: 19-026
Salary: $26.76 - $31.53 per hour
Closing: March 26, 2019
Come grow with us! Maple Ridge located in Metro Vancouver is a vibrant and rapidly growing City with outstanding recreation, arts and cultural amenities and some of the most affordable housing in the region. This combined with a dynamic community makes Maple Ridge a great place to work, play and live. Come join us and be part of the change.
Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication, interpersonal skills and exceptional customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with all the bells and whistles? We are recruiting for a full time Administrative Assistant who is, self-motivated professional who will provide administrative support to the City’s Fire Chief.
The successful incumbent will be required to process confidential matters and materials pertinent to personnel, and department policy. Your adaptability, resourcefulness, good judgment and ability to multitask will allow you to confidently handle the daily responsibilities and duties of this diverse senior level position.
- High School graduation supplement by post-secondary courses, plus considerable related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to supervise staff, assign and direct routine administrative and clerical duties.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion in assisting the Fire Chief in addressing and processing a variety of matters, some of which are of a highly confidential, sensitive or political nature.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to independently prepare narrative and statistical reports and complex correspondence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective liaison, communications and working relationships with staff, external contacts and the general public.
- Ability to research, gather, compile and assemble a variety of statistics and information for reports, and to ensure the maintenance and control of a variety of office records, files, documents, correspondence and related data.
- Ability to work independently, organize workload, set priorities and to be flexible with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively use the MS Office suite of products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint at Intermediate to expert level.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate office systems, methods and procedures and to initiate and implement creative solutions and improvements, including software applications and record systems.
- A high level of speed and accuracy in typing
The ideal incumbent will have:
- Strong organizational, customer service and communications skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory office support role; preferably within a fire department
- Intermediate to expert knowledge in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with inter-relational data bases and other records management systems is as asset
- Experience with uploading and publishing content using content management system (CMS)
- Experience work with,creating and running reports from databases (ie: Crystal Reports)
- Experience working with the Fire Department Management (FDM) software;
- Experience with coaching and mentoring a small team
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Information Check as a condition of employment. (Note – not required a part of the application process; however, will be required upon consideration for employment)
All required licenses, certificates and registrations associated with this competition must also be valid and current at the time the postings close and must be attached with your application. Please have these documents ready to upload when you apply.
What we offer you:
The City offers a competitive compensation package that includes a strong wellness program and the opportunity for career and professional development.
If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.