We are currently seeking a Lifeguard/Instructor to join our Recreation-Programs and Services team. This position delivers a variety of instructional and recreational aquatic programs to patrons at Comox Valley Regional District facilities. Reporting to the Manager of Recreation Services, the primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Performing lifeguarding duties including monitoring pool activities, performing rescues, enforcing pool rules and ensuring safety of patrons, and administering first aid and CPR as required.
- Ensuring a safe and clean environment for facility patrons and staff to prevent injuries and eliminate hazards.
- Performing daily maintenance duties such as water tests and keeping the pool deck, change rooms, and lifeguard office clean and orderly.
- Planning, preparing, and instructing swimming lessons and aquatic based programs.
- Completing and maintaining accurate records such as up to date lesson program cards, attendance records, red cross/lifesaving reports, and administration forms.
- Providing appropriate feedback to lesson participants and parents with recommendations for improvement.
- Organizing and supervising structured games and activities during public swim sessions and special events.
Our ideal candidate is:
- An engaging and encouraging instructor capable of connecting with swimmers of all ages
- Attentive and responsive with strong swimming and lifesaving skills and a minimum of six months of directly related experience, including minimum completion of Grade 10
- Current in lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques with the following certifications: WSI & NL, Aquasize Instructor, Adaptive Aquatics (or equivalent), Lifesaving Instructor, Standard First Aid, CPR C andAED and criminal record clearance(Note: certain shifts may require other specialized certifications)
- A respectful communicator with a professional approach to customer service
- Detail oriented and able to keep accurate and complete records
- Safety conscious and able to effectively respond to emergency situations when required
- Flexible in working a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
This is a USW 1-1937 position with a rate of $21.42 per hour.
To review the complete job description and to apply go to www.comoxvalleyrd.ca/jobs.
This posting will remain open until the position is filled. We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Comox Valley Regional District is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals.