Administrative Professional (Clerk Stenographer III)
Administrative Professional (Clerk Stenographer III)Full-Time Regular
Location: Lake City Operations Centre, Burnaby
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
We need leadership, dynamism, and expertise to guide and protect the livability of our region. We need you.
Our Liquid Waste Services Department is seeking an Administrative Professional with current computer skills who provides admin support to the Operations and Maintenance Division at a number of different sites. Typical duties include time entry, work order processing, scheduling meetings, drafting agenda, taking minutes, records management, and website updates.
You are: An organized, adaptable and motivated person that enjoys working in a multi-functional team environment. You enjoy working in a busy and supportive office/worksyard and have a keen eye for detail, a can-do attitude and can demonstrate initiative. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office. Able and willing to drive and work at various sites throughout the region.
- Performs entry of time for labour groups, runs checklist and reports to ensure accuracy and reports errors and omissions to supervisors.
- Perform complex clerical and secretarial duties for a superior and/or the superior's subordinates, arrange appointments and meetings, interviews callers, prepare routine correspondence and relieve a superior of minor administrative detail.
- Assemble, collate and type a variety of technical and administrative material such as letters, notices, requisitions, reports, agendas and minutes.
- Take instructions from and perform clerical and typing duties for a group of professional and technical employees.
- Provide administrative support to Field crews at two worksyards.
- Prepare and maintain departmental records, scrutinize minutes, reports, correspondence and other data for referral or action, processes incoming and outgoing mail, controls and maintain files, records, correspondence and reports.
- Compile statistical information and data, provide direction and assistance on a variety of office operations.
- Prepare agendas, arrange meetings and workshops, coordinate training & travel while adhering to the Department and Corporate policies and provides Records Management support.
- Provide a variety of factual information and assistance to Metro Vancouver staff, business and government contacts and the public.
- Perform related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of 12th school grade, including or supplemented by courses in commercial and secretarial subjects.Considerable related experience, preferably as a Clerk Stenographer II or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- All the required knowledge, abilities and skills of the Clerk Stenographer II classification.
- Considerable knowledge of secretarial practices and procedures applicable to department served.
- Sound overall knowledge of the District organizational structure and of the functions of its departments and divisions.
- Ability to perform secretarial tasks and relieve a superior of office and routine administrative detail with minimal supervision.
- Skill in typing and processing clerical work of a complex and technical nature, in taking and transcribing shorthand and other dictation and in the use of word processor as required.
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver's license.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by March 27, 2019.