Registered Nurse - Baby Daze Program
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Baby Daze Program
Baby Daze is a community based post-natal program that provides new parents with opportunities to obtain important post-natal support and advice from qualified professionals and learn and discuss post-natal care and infant development with a Registered Nurse. The group setting allows new parents to socialize with other parents in their community. The Registered Nurse is an integral member of the team and provides nursing services within the framework of the Population Health/Health Promotion Model.
The Program commences the week of July 1, 2019 and will be offered weekly. Applicants must be available on Wednesdays from 9:30-11:30am at the North Delta Recreation Centre (11415-84th Avenue) and Thursdays from 9:30-11:30am at the South Delta Recreation Centre (1720-56th Street).
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Apply knowledge, skills, and abilities specific to health promotion, epidemiology, community development, primary health care, public health ethics and primary and secondary prevention strategies;
- Translate knowledge from the health and social sciences to support health enhancing behaviors to diverse individuals, families, and population groups through universal and targeted interventions, programs and advocacy;
- Plan, organize, implement and evaluate health promotion activities for individuals, families and groups within the community;
- Deal effectively with individuals, groups and other professionals within a multi-disciplinary environment in a diverse community;
- Organize and problem-solve;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Deal sensitively and tactfully with clients and provide culturally sensitive nursing services to diverse and marginalized populations; and
- Physically perform the duties of the position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide post-natal, infant, self and family care in the form of weekly presentations and educational sessions in a community centre setting;
- Provides group postnatal consultation and promote healthy child development, effective parenting practices and early identification of and intervention for developmental concerns;
- Provides health information and referral/recommendations related to lifestyle issues, cultural and language barriers and reproductive health;
- Promote behavior change to a healthy lifestyle and encourages personal responsibility for health;
- Work with Delta staff to obtain and schedule guest speakers or education sessions on relevant topics;
- Plan, organize, implement and evaluate activities and educational programming related to post-natal care and infant development; and
- Provide recommendations on relevant issues affecting community health, i.e. infectious diseases.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, including a Public Health Nursing component from a recognized university.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Two (2) years recent public health nursing experience or equivalent experience in maternal/infant education and health promotion.
- Valid Class B.C. Driver's license and have access to personal vehicle for business related purposes.
The City of Delta provides a competitive wage of $38.00 per hour. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition #19-66 EX by March 31, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted. Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K 3E2