British Columbia Institute of Technology
PlumberFacilites and Campus Development
BCIT’s Facilities and Campus Development department requires a temporary, full-time Plumber to join their team! Reporting to the Foreman, this position carries out planned and emergency maintenance, repair and installation of institute water, gas, drainage, air, heating systems and backflow prevention assemblies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responding to trouble calls, and taking corrective action.
- Conducting preventative maintenance on multiple systems which are interconnected, as per the PM Plan; duties include printing off daily schedule, inspecting, identifying deficiencies and taking corrective action.
- Preparing and completing work orders including; clearing stoppages in plumbing fixtures, drains, sumps and sewer lines, repairing and replacing faucets, system valves, pipes, coils and other fittings, clearing and replacing strainers, traps and filters, installing and relocating fixtures and fittings, performing minor cutting, drilling and patching of building fabric and structure.
- Resolving any issues related to natural gas including cleaning, maintaining, servicing systems and replacing old systems with new equipment on an ongoing basis.
- Undertaking duties as assigned consistent with the job grade of this position.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- A valid Trades Qualification or an Interprovincial Trades Ticket (Journey person status) plus technical education and/or certifications in the relevant building trades industry.
- Two years general trades experience plus up to four years current relevant experience in the building trades industry.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.Ability to assess blueprints and make recommendations for specific trade requirements is an asset.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve related issues in conjunction with the assigned level of skill, ability and education.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to maintain top quality customer service standards.
- Willingness to maintain currency in the field and learn on the job is essential.
- Basic computer training and experience is required.
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT:
March 28, 2019 – March 27, 2020
Pay Grade 09; $53,656 with yearly increments to $58,291 per annum. Prorated based on term of appointment.
March 9, 2019
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only successful candidates will be required to have transcripts submitted directly to BCIT’s Human Resources Department directly from granting institution at the time of reference checks. If applicable, successful candidates will be responsible for the completion of international credential evaluations. All appointments will be conditional until receipt of verified credentials.
To apply, visit us at careers.bcit.ca
We are only able to accept applications that are submitted on the BCIT Careers website.