Corporate Energy Manager
The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Corporate Energy Manager
Job ID: 2019028
$91,238 to $114,048 Annually
The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire a Regular Full-Time Corporate Energy Manager to join our Sustainability team. This is a specialized position responsible for coordinating and administering the City of Richmond’s on-going Corporate Energy Management programs in collaboration with the Sustainability Manager and under the direction of the Sr. Manager, Sustainability & District Energy. Example of key work activities include:
- Establish goals, strategies and maintain detailed plans for reducing consumption of all natural gas and electricity from civic facilities to support corporate greenhouse gas (GHG) and energy reduction targets;
- Collaborate with Project Development (construction of new civic facilities) & Facility Services units to ensure successful integration of energy efficient equipment and systems into new buildings and major upgrades in existing facilities;
- Monitor energy consumption for electricity and gas for civic buildings, tracking usage and developing plans for retrofits and upgrades to existing systems for City-owned facilities; this includes managing contracts with energy service providers (e.g. gas marketers)
- Facilitate building energy use audits, prioritizing initiatives, developing and submitting business cases and making recommendations for energy improvements that reduce energy consumption as well as maintain or improve user comfort;
- Develop scope, conceptual design and budgets, in consultation with Project Development & Facility Services Department, for capital projects for existing buildings for matters related to energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reductions;
- Maintain the Richmond Carbon Market and track City carbon offsets as a means to maintain the City’s carbon neutral status for corporate operations;
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, planning, environmental or equivalent / related field supplemented by a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a closely related sustainability field. Additional accreditation is also desirable: Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Professional accreditation (e.g. APEGBC), designation through the Association of Energy Engineers, Energy efficiency training such as CIET Energy Management Training Course and/or LEED professional accreditation.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment. Applicants will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format). The closing date for Job ID: 2019028, Corporate Energy Manager is 11:59 pm, on March 22, 2019.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries please.