Industrial Control System Software Specialist (Digital Control Software Specialist)
Industrial Control System Software Specialist (Digital Control Software Specialist)Full-Time Regular
Location: Annacis WWTP
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
We need leadership, dynamism, and expertise to guide and protect the livability of our region. We need you.
Our Liquid Waste Department is seeking an Industrial Control System Software Specialist who will support the day to day operation of the division’s highly integrated Industrial Control System at the WWTPs across the region and support the programming of large capital projects.
An excellent communicator with superior technical and programming skills associated with Industrial Control Systems related to ABB ICS and AB PLCs. You are an experienced ICS programmer who has developed complex logic, intuitive graphics and databases in a plant environment with extensive commissioning and optimization experience.)
- Develop, maintain, and support WWTP CDACS databases, system configurations, process logic configurations, related optimization and maintenance system software and configurations, buss configurations, point addition and modifications, and network additions & modifications, and related peripherals systems and equipment. Prepare trouble reports and coordinate with other staff and system suppliers to resolve problems.
- Monitor WWTP CDACS utilization and performance, and maintain maximum availability of the system. Maintain network and software security of WWTP CDACS. Maintain database quality control and accuracy. Assist in identifying unreliable data or out of calibration equipment.
- Participate in the implementation; development and commissioning of advanced software applications, process logic configuration, automatic control strategies, and maintenance logic and strategies, including network and optimization systems. Create new graphic displays with staff input and suggestions, and modify existing displays. Maintain historical databases and service requests for data. Develop application reports which utilize historical data. Provide training for operators and other users of the WWTP CDACS. Coordinate with other groups and Departments concerning applications for integration of CDACS data with Metro Vancouver’s network servers and other users.
- Maintain standards for WWTP CDACS. Purchase minor materials and equipment. Follow purchasing, accounting, and corporate procedures as relevant for job. Assist operating, maintenance, and other personnel in the safe and effective use of equipment. Coordinate work with other departments and trades, report on work progress. Keep up-to-date with current level of technology and safety regulations, and apply new work methods and techniques.
- Attend training courses and seminars relevant to duties of the job in areas such as safety, new or revised software, new equipment and work methods. Prepare and maintain neat and accurate records and record systems such as equipment acceptance tests, setting sheets, program listings and documentation, maintenance records, trouble reports and drawings.
- Assist in the evaluation of new equipment, software, and procedures by carrying out functional, performance, and maintenance checks on the equipment / procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Technology diploma or bachelor degree in instrumentation, electrical, or controls or related field, with 3 years experience in real-time systems operations in a plant process or industrial environment, system design, modifications and analysis
- Demonstrated expertise with ABB (Bailey) Infi-90 block programming, 800xA and AC800M programming and Windows.
- Demonstrated expertise with Allen Bradley PLC5, SLC500, Control Logix 5000. Knowledge and experience with Modbus/TCP, Ethernet/IP, and DeviceNet equipment with exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Instrumentation background and the ability to read engineering drawings is essential.
- Experience in a real time operating environment, linking digital control systems to management and engineering information systems is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid BC driver’s license (required to travel to multiple Metro Vancouver locations).
- Must be able to provide Standby coverage.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by March 25, 2019.