Project ManagerFull-Time, Benefited
Regional District of Central Kootenay - Nelson, BC
The Regional District of Central Kootenay is inviting applications for a permanent, full time Project Manager.
This exciting opportunity is based in the beautiful city of Nelson BC, world-class recreational playground with all the comforts of today's amenities and lots of exciting things to do and see year round. This community offers all the benefits of small town living, boasts a strong and diverse economy and thriving business sector, has convenient access to parks, great schools and heath care services, and is located just a few hours away from major city centers. Locals enjoy a wide range of recreational opportunities including cultural events and theatre, skiing, hiking, biking, much more!
The Project Manager is responsible for scoping, contracting, tendering and managing a variety of projects for the Community, Environmental and Fire & Emergency Management Services departments throughout the Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK). Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the incumbent will work with senior leaders to establish project scope, contract services, develop schedules and oversee the completion of contracted works. The ideal candidate will be a skilled communicator, building effective working relationships with contractors to manage changing priorities, address issues and ensure project goals can be met in a timely, cost effective manner.
The RDCK is one of the largest Regional Districts in British Columbia. The Project Manager will oversee projects related to Parks, Recreation Centres and Arenas, Solid Waste Management, Fire Departments and more, on sites spread across more than 23,000km2. This role will primarily work from the Nelson office but will be required to travel to sites throughout the RDCK. This is a permanent, full-time, benefitted opportunity. The successful applicant will be offered a competitive vacation and benefits package commensurate with their knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Degree qualification in Engineering or a related field + 3 years experience in a project management role in civil or buildings
- infrastructure; ideally in a municipal government environment OR
- Diploma qualification in Engineer Technology or a related field + 5 years experience in a project management role in civil or
- buildings infrastructure, ideally in a municipal government environment OR
- Equivalent combination of certification, skills and abilities will be considered.
- Training in project management software (ie MS Project).
- Demonstrated skill and ability to manage project scope, cost and scheduling.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, tools and equipment used in the installation, construction and maintenance of municipal engineering services and facilities
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License and satisfactory Drivers Abstract and a Satisfactory Criminal Record
- Preference may be given to candidates who possess a project management certification, or taking steps towards a certification.
This posting, along with a detailed job description, can be found on our website at www.rdck.ca under Administration, Jobs &
Employment Opportunities. Applications in the form of a resume and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience relative to the position will be accepted by Human Resources until 8am on Tuesday March 26, 2019.
Human Resources, Regional District of Central Kootenay Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive, Nelson, BC V1L 5R4
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: (250) 352-8150
Thank you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay.
All submissions will be acknowledged although only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted again.
This posting may be used to fill other similar positions with the RDCK Environmental Services Department over the next six months.