Clerk 3 - Finance
City of Surrey
Clerk 3 - Finance
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey. Temporary Full-Time (6 Months)
The Clerk 3 will perform moderately complex and diversified clerical work in various capacities in Finance, with a focus on reception duties. The work will consist of data entry and other repetitive tasks of limited complexity. Strong interpersonal skills in addition to the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing are a must, as the Clerk 3 will be responsible for answering inquiries from internal staff and the public. The Clerk 3 will be capable of exercising good judgment, understanding and following direction, multitasking, and working independently.
- Answering the main Finance line and greeting visitors to the 5th floor counter.
- Confirming details of external customers picking up cheques and other documents and recording the information accurately.
- Receipt of departmental documentation and ensure accuracy in receiving the documents.
- Completing document reviews, edits, and document coordination and composing a variety of letters.
- Coordinating daily functions of the office including information distribution, organization, arranging meetings, and preparing agendas, meeting minutes and backup documents.
- Maintaining and updating various departmental electronic and manual filing systems including distributing mail, filing, archiving, timekeeping entry.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by several courses in word processing, office practices and PC office applications.
- Have a minimum 2 years’ experience and training in an office environment.
- Must have accurate typing speed of 45 wpm.
- Have ability to exercise good judgement in performing the duties of the position.
- Have ability to work independently, plan, organize.
- Have thorough knowledge of Business English, spelling, arithmetic, current office practices, procedures and equipment operation.
- Have knowledge of computer office applications and good key board skills. • An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca