Property Maintenance Assistant
Property Maintenance AssistantFull-Time Regular
Location: North West Area (Vancouver)
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
We need leadership, dynamism, and expertise to guide and protect the livability of our region. We need you.
Our Housing Department is seeking a Property Maintenance Assistant who will respond to a variety of routine maintenance issues, make repairs, and provide written scopes of work and who will liaise with outside contractors.
You are: A self-starter, able to work independently to evaluate and prioritize a wide range of tasks in a timely manner. You are able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
This role: (The duties describe are intended to be representative of the position and are not to be considered as all inclusive.)
- Carry out unit and property inspections as assigned and complete related reports required.
- Carry out equipment inspections and servicing as assigned and attest to results in the prescribed reporting formats.
- Inspect and/or supervise the work of outside trades or contractors as assigned.
- Carry out direct maintenance repairs on assigned projects and/or on specifically assigned maintenance projects within the portfolio. Work might include electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and other related general repair or preventative maintenance activities.
- Maintain personal tool inventory.
- The Property Maintenance Assistant may provide assistance and support to caretaking staff to enable them to carry out minor maintenance aspects of their jobs.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
To be successful, you have:
- Grade 12 and related courses or certifications in maintenance or property operations.
- Formal training in building technology and maintenance, such as a journeyman certificate or diploma in building technology from a community college.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in property/maintenance work
- Ability to assess the quality of work being carried out by independent trades or contractors in order to be able to recommend acceptance of it.
- Physical ability and knowledge required to carry out a wide range of maintenance and property repairs and ability to maintain required maintenance reports, written inspection reports, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively with clients, other staff, independent trades and contractors.
- A good knowledge and understanding of residential building and construction techniques and practices.
- A good knowledge of residential maintenance and renovation methods, materials and equipment.
- A good knowledge of building codes and municipal requirements including safety and fire protection.
- Bondable and possesses a valid BC driver's license.
- Small tools and hand tools etc. necessary to carry out general building maintenance work.
- Completion of a Criminal Records Check.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by March 18, 2019.