Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Osoyoos
Chief Administrative Officer
Due to the retirement of the incumbent, the Town of Osoyoos has an exciting opportunity for a dedicated local government professional as its next Chief Administrative Officer. The Chief Administrative Officer will report to and work closely with Mayor and Council in the formulation of their strategic direction and will advise Council on all high priority and high profile matters pertaining to municipal operations.
Located on beautiful Osoyoos Lake in the southern most area of the Okanagan Valley, this resort municipality has a population of 5,050, expanding to 20,000 during tourist season, and is renowned for its water based activities, orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the area and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
The Chief Administrative Officer leads the management team, providing guidance and ensuring a positive organizational culture. The Chief Administrative Officer will continually seek to improve systems, practices and people development and is responsible for the overall management of the administrative operations of the Town.
This position facilitates appropriate lines of communication between Council, staff, senior government, first nations, other local governments, its union, boards and associations. The successful candidate will possess proven leadership in a local government environment and experience developing annual and long-term budgets.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary education in public administration or a related discipline from a recognized institution or a senior executive certificate in Local Government Management.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in local government management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, staff and a variety of other organizations and members of the public.
- Displays strategic, creative, positive and innovative thinking with local government business and political acumen.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and local government best practices.
- Superior interpersonal and effective communication skills in managing human resources matters.
This executive position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For more information on the Town, visit http://www.osoyoos.ca. Qualified candidates interested in this exciting career opportunity are invited to submit their resume quoting Competition No. 19-01EU by 4:00pm on Friday, March 29, 2019 to:
Human Resources Department, Regional District Okanagan-Similkameen
101 Martin Street, Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
Tel: 250-492-0237 Fax: 250-492-0063
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.