Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford is seeking a highly skilled, enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized professional to fill the full-time position of Systems Administrator with the IT Department.
The City of Langford’s Information Technology department is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to join their team. Reporting to the IT Manager, the Systems Administrator will share responsibility for the long-term reliability, resiliency and security of the Municipal technology infrastructure. Ideal applicants will have the following education, experience, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise in supporting a wide range of infrastructure solutions including server hardware/software, physical & virtual networking
- Disk and tape backup systems
- Network architecture and security
- Extensive troubleshooting skills
- Firewalls, VPN and Wi-Fi
- Configuring and maintaining NAS technology
- Experience in local government system administration and working in a Microsoft environment
- Ability to work with business partners, manage shifting priorities, enjoy learning new skills, and contribute to building a cohesive team environment
- Completion of a 2 year diploma program in computer science and at least 5 years experience including network and server management (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
Salary range for this regular, full time position is $38.98 to $42.60 per hour plus an excellent benefits package and a 35 hour modified work week schedule. Please refer to the job opportunities page of our website at www.langford.ca for more information and a detailed job description.
Please submit your resume by noon, Friday, March 22nd, 2019 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail) or to the attention of Human Resources, City of Langford, 2nd Floor, 877 Goldstream Avenue, Langford, BC, V9B 2X8.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
2nd Floor · 877 Goldstream Avenue · Langford, BC Canada · V9B 2X8
T · 250-478-7882 F · 250-478-7864