Business Continuity Coordinator
Business Continuity CoordinatorCorporate Services – Risk & Insurance Management
Status: Regular Fulltime
Hours of Work: 70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay: $39.53-$44.82 per hour
Review of applications begins 4:00pm on March 1, 2019
Notes: This is a reposting. Those that applied previously need not to re-apply
Reporting to the Manager, Risk & Insurance, the Business Continuity Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of a Business Continuity Management Program, to ensure that the CRD continues to operate in the event of disruptive incidents or disasters and has the ability to recover within a reasonable time period.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in developing, implementing and maintaining a Business Continuity Management program
- Performs risk assessments, identifies potential sources of business interruption and assesses the likelihood and probability of harm
- Coordinates the business impact assessment process and assists in determining critical business processes and dependencies
- Oversees and maintains the development and implementation of Business Continuity Plans
- Develops tools such as an automated database system, risk assessment dashboards and key performance indicators for measuring Business Continuity Management performance
- Promotes the Strategic value of the Business Continuity Management Program across the organization
- Works collaboratively with internal stakeholders to support business continuity management activities in each department/division
- Ensures the Business Continuity Plan framework aligns with the overall Emergency Management requirements and associated recovery strategies;
- Identifies and facilitates training and exercise needs to promote and validate the continuity/recovery planning framework;
- Provides regular progress reports
- Researches, develops and prepares presentations and briefing notes
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Post-Secondary degree, preferably related to business administration, emergency management, or risk management and a Business Continuity Planning certification or equivalent combination of education and 4 to 5 years’ experience including at least 1 year experience in Project Management. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in the preparation of business impact assessments
- Experience in critical service identification, analysis and management;
- Experience in creating and managing training requirements and material for business continuity and/or disaster management is an asset
- Demonstrates knowledge of business continuity management, including the development of business impact analysis (BlA), recovery strategies, business continuity plans, plan readiness capabilities, testing and maintenance, and continuity program governance.
- Demonstrates "body of knowledge" with industry best practices, ISO and CSA standards and ability to stay current in the BCP field;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Ability to conduct research and write policy
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office Software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel Powerpoint and Sharepoint)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of internal and external resources
- Demonstrates ability to build relationships, engage, coach and influence staff at all levels
- Effective problem solving skills and excellent analytical skills are required.
- Results oriented, team player to collaborate effectively with diverse groups of professionals and across multiple disciplines.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.