Assistant Property Acquisition Coordinator
BC Public Service
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Assistant Property Acquisition CoordinatorSalary $56,478.64 - $64,337.78 annually
The Programming, Partnerships and Planning group is responsible for the development of strategic, multi-modal, multi-jurisdictional provincial highway corridor and transportation system plans for the Southern Interior Region; the delivery of a wide range of property services; first nation consultation and support of regional transportation committees. This involves integration of interests of the province with those of local and federal governments, other agencies, local community groups and the public and private sectors.
The Properties group primarily focuses on the Acquisition of Land, First Nation Consultation, Tenure negotiations and Tenure Research. They are responsible for delivering the land required for projects and programs for the Ministry in the Southern Interior Region. These property initiatives ensure that all activities, projects and programs are prioritized and directed to optimize transportation benefits to residents of the region as well as provide economic benefits to the province.
The Assistant Property Acquisition Coordinator leads minor property acquisition assignments, including providing technical advice and support to senior staff/management on all property acquisition/land tenure requirements for the Southern Interior Region.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Diploma or higher in the Urban Land Economics or equivalent Real Estate Diploma/Degree program.
- Experience working in or with the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure.
- Experience working in a position(s) dealing primarily in negotiation and/or land/right of way related disciplines.
- Experience in planning, coordinating and managing projects and contracted services.
- Experience in meeting, working with, and negotiating with stakeholders.
For more information and to apply by April 8, 2019, please go to:
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.