Senior Municipal Engineer
Beairsto & Associates Engineering Ltd.
Beairsto & Associates Engineering Ltd. (BASE)
Job No: 108811
Senior Municipal Engineer
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
- Enjoy a highly attractive salary with a previous winner of the Employer of Choice Award!
- Opportunity for remote work and a generous relocation package!
- Your chance to utilize your skills in the Mechanical or Civil Engineering field!
About the Organization
Founded in 1963, Beairsto & Associates Engineering Ltd. (BASE) has been providing surveying and engineering guidance towards the growth and development of the communities we serve. We are a leading Engineering & Legal Land Survey Firm that has been proudly serving the Grande Prairie and the greater Peace Region for over 55 years.
We have experience in all forms of land surveying from subdivision layouts and construction work to municipal design including water, sanitation, storm design, and traffic analysis. Beairsto & Associates Engineering Ltd places a strong focus on Structural Engineering and also engages in environmental and hydrological assessments.
At BASE, we contribute much of our success to our dedicated and hard-working staff. Our employee-owned organization values providing a healthy life/work balance, with numerous events for staff throughout the year, strong involvement in the local community and a success-driven leadership team, we ensure that Beairsto & Associates Engineering Ltd is a place where you will enjoy coming to work every day!
For more information please visit: http://www.baseng.ca/
About the Opportunity
Beairsto & Associates Engineering Ltd. is currently seeking a committed and adaptable Senior Municipal Engineer to lead its growing Engineering department in Grande Prairie, AB.
In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for projects that involve civil, hydrotechnical, geotechnical, hydrogeological, environmental, and regulatory disciplines.
Please note that a remote work option will be offered for the first 6 months of this role if relocation is necessary for the successful candidate.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Designing or design reviewing of water, wastewater, storm water and roadway infrastructure projects
- Managing and delivering complex infrastructure design and asset management solutions to customers - this may include report writing, client liaison, and project management
- Leading and managing project teams focused on client specified requirements - projects may include planning, engineering design, construction, and financial management deliverables
- Leading, developing and empowering a diverse group of professionals and technical support staff
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a Professional Engineering designation combined with a minimum of ten years of planning and design of municipal infrastructure experience.
You will also possess the following:
- Eligibility for registration with the APEGA organization is required, with potential for an additional APEGBC registration if required
- Prior experience working for a consulting engineering company in the municipal business sector as well as experience working in medium to large metropolitan areas
- Thorough knowledge of design and construction procedures related to the provision of municipal infrastructure for residential, commercial and/or industrial land development projects is essential
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the application of municipal engineering design criteria to the design of road works, stormwater management systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, and water distribution systems
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D, Microsoft Office, and other software applications associated with modelling and system analysis associated with this professional sector
- A strong understanding of the municipal planning requirements associated with various residential and commercial land development initiatives for the South Peace Region
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and liaising with architects, landscape architects, structural engineers, mechanical engineers, street lighting designers, surveyors, and other related professionals normally part of the land development project team
- A thorough knowledge of the preparation of tender bid documents (using CCDC format), bid estimating, and contract administration (on behalf of the Owner) throughout the duration of the construction period
The ideal candidate will also have a high level of interpersonal skills include the ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner in a business environment, skills in diplomacy, the ability to listen and provide guidance and leadership.
**Please note that a different combination of experience and education may be considered for this role.
About the Benefits
Why work at Beairsto & Associates Engineering Ltd? We're a progressive, growing company with an invigorating atmosphere and employees that love where they work!
In exchange for all your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary package and a regular benefits program, including:
- Above market group health benefits
- Bonuses for partners
- A community recognized volunteer program (40 hours paid volunteer time)
- A genuine commitment to career development
- An option to become a part owner for the right candidate
- Flexible vacation
By joining BASE, you will be joining a close-knit team of professionals who take pride in a job well done. The team is community oriented and strives to be environmentally conscious in all projects it undertakes.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of a thriving and growing company, at an exciting time. Furthermore, you will enjoy being part of a working environment that promotes personal and professional growth in an atmosphere of trust, respect, and collaboration.
If you want to take the next step in your career with a progressive employer, then we invite you to apply now!