Dog License Canvasser
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Dog License Canvasser
We are currently seeking a friendly and professional Dog License Canvasser to work approximately 30 hours per week, including evenings and weekends. The seasonal work opportunity runs May through August.
Canvassers go door-to-door and sell dog licenses to Delta residents, canvassing routes, providing specified bylaw information to the public and recording related information. The successful candidate will be motivated, outgoing and friendly with a good attention to detail. Please note that this work is required in all weather conditions.
The position is being funded through the Government of Canada Summer Jobs Grant. Grant requirements include:
- Must be between 17 - 29 years of age.
- Previously registered as a full-time student in the past academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to who refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Not work less than 10 weeks and no more than 16 weeks consecutively with a start date in May 2019.
- Work 30 hours a week.
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma and experience providing customer service to the public. A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and use of your own vehicle is required.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $18.54 plus 12% in lieu of benefits. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment to competition # 19-55 EX by March 24, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K 3E2