Co-op and Career Path Student – Climate Adaptation
Co-op and Career Path Student – Climate AdaptationPut your research skills to the test!
Are you looking for a chance to put your education into practice? Take it to the next level with a Co-op position, and help make Kelowna the best mid-sized city in North America!
Join our Policy and Planning team this summer as a Climate Adaptation Student and help research effective adaptation policies and make recommendations for policy to be included in the Official Community Plan update.
Qualifications for the successful candidate are:
- Enrolled in Planning, Environmental Studies or Natural Resource Management program
- Ability to work with groups of people and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Strong research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Climate knowledge and/or coursework is required
- Planning and policy knowledge would be considered an asset
This Co-op position is a partnership with the Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions and the City of Kelowna. The position will run from May until the end of August 2019 and offers an hourly rate of $19.46 to $21.08 per hour plus 14% in lieu of vacation, benefits and statutory holidays.