Director of Human Resources
Director of Human ResourcesLabour Relations, Strategic Planning, Training and Engagement….Have you got it all?
The District of Squamish is seeking a strong Human Resources professional to complete our senior management team and provide leadership and mentorship to our Human Resources department.
The District is looking for a strong leader to spear-head the development and implementation of a Human Resources Master Plan comprised of a compensation review, recruitment and retention strategy, capacity review, and workforce plan to take us from 2019 through the next 10 years.
2019 will see the District’s two collective agreements expire. We are looking for a Director who can fulfill the role of bargaining lead and spokesperson for the District on negotiations.
Employee engagement, development and training are at the core of our people strategy at the District. The candidate we are looking for has proven experience furthering employee development within an organization and implementing engagement programs that keep a workforce challenged and committed.
Key responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Administration of the Human Resources Department which includes budget preparation and administration, and supervision of administrative and clerical support.
- Leading development of strategies and policies in all areas of human resources including compensation, equity and parity reviews, recruitment and retention, organizational capacity, and future growth.
- Providing leadership and strategic advice on all matters relating to people practices and driving initiatives that address key business needs.
- Acting as lead spokesperson for the Employer during Collective Bargaining as well as Chair during bargaining; researching and preparing relevant support information for use in contract negotiations, advising the CAO and other managers, as appropriate, on strategy for negotiating collective agreements.
- Overseeing development of employee attraction and retention strategies and recruiting best practices.
- Overseeing the full employee lifecycle and all programs and processes that supports employee development.
- Providing leadership to the occupational health and safety program, with particular emphasis on development of the training, policies and procedures which support the program, and comply with applicable legislation.
If you tick all of these boxes plus a few more, you might be the next key member of our incredible leadership team.
The District of Squamish is a growing community. With a small-town setting, spectacular natural environment, and world-class outdoor recreational opportunities, Squamish offers an incredible live-work-play lifestyle that few places can offer.
More information on this exciting and challenging role will be posted online shortly.
Compensation: A competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including a compressed work week.
For any questions, please contact:
District of Squamish
37955 Second Avenue, P.O. Box 310, Squamish, BC V8B 0A3