City of Surrey
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Working independently and with minimal supervision, the Building Cleaner is responsible for performing a variety of cleaning tasks in and around the Parks, Recreation & Culture facilities. Working hours will vary dependent on the town centre needs and the successful candidate’s availability, but you must be available to work week days, evenings, weekends, early mornings, and over night shifts.
As a Building Cleaner, you will be responsible for a variety of cleaning tasks in and around the City’s Recreation facilities. You have working knowledge of materials, methods and complex equipment used in cleaning work and the physical capabilities to carry out the duties of the position as well as effectively communicates both orally and in writing.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and scrubbing.
- Hose and/or dry mopping.
- Polishing and removing spots from floors and furnishings.
- Emptying and cleaning waste receptacles, garbage pails.
- Cleaning washrooms and replenishing supplies.
- Changing lights.
- Maintaining entrance ways and parking lots.
- Window cleaning.
- Room set up and dismantling for programs and events.
- Maintaining building security and other job-related duties as assigned.
- Have a minimum of one-year cleaning experience in a large public facility.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Completion of a Basic Janitorial cleaning program.
- Completion of WHIMS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System).
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca