Capital Asset Analyst
Capital Asset Analyst
(Permanent Full Time)
West Vancouver is an attractive community on the North Shore! It is home to some of the region’s best parks and recreation locations: Whytecliff Park, Lighthouse Park, Cypress Provincial Park and ski area, and Ambleside Beach. At the District of West Vancouver, we're looking for employees that have a passion for public service and strive to make a difference. Our team of dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that make West Vancouver a great place to live. Be part of our team!
The West Vancouver Financial Services Department is currently seeking a Permanent Full Time Capital Asset Analyst to join our highly qualified team and provide leadership with respect to strategic tasks, as well as to conduct a wide range of day to day activities, paying attention to details and delivering complex analytical reports on time.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- maintaining, improving and communicating the District’s asset registry & 20 years asset management plan
- developing the annual capital budget; quarterly reports; regular variance reviews & remediation strategies
- leading the work of the Capital Assets Management group and Key Capital Projects assessment group
- leading the implementation of new IT tools & business process improvements in asset management
- liaising with internal & external contacts such as other sections of Financial Services, other Municipal Departments, other Municipalities and external auditors on matters related to asset management
- monitoring the availability of grants for capital initiatives and preparing applications for appropriate projects
- performing other related duties as required.
The preferred candidate will possess extensive experience in budgeting and financial analysis within complex organizational environment; a thorough understanding of capital asset management; knowledge of modern reporting and cost control procedures; advanced Excel skills and working knowledge of one or more ERP/accounting systems. A professional designation (C.P.A., C.A., C.M.A., C.G.A.) and experience in public sector accounting are a plus, but are not required. The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to: prepare a variety of financial reports, statements and working papers related to the work performed; compile and analyze data from multiple sources to determine the impact on tangible capital asset valuation and maintenance; assist in maintaining and improving a comprehensive tangible capital asset valuation system, procedures and data base; and, establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal & external contacts. The successful candidate will be required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
Union (WVMEA) Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$39.58 – $46.76 per hour
11:59 p.m. Tuesday, March 5, 2019
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.