Aquatics Leader I
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Aquatics Leader IJob ID 19-13
Job Class Auxiliary
Employment Group CUPE 825 (Outside)
# of Vacancies 35
Posting Period February 8 - 24, 2019
The City of Port moody is looking for enthusiastic, energetic individuals to provide swim lesson instruction and lifeguarding, for all age levels at either of our outdoor aquatic facilities, from approximately June to August 2019.
These key positions will work with an aquatic team to provide exceptional guarding and instruction services to the patrons of Port Moody’s outdoor pools. Hours of work include daytime, evening and weekends with a variety of available part-time hours.
- Current certifications must accompany your resume
- Required documents can be uploaded in the "documents" section during the online application process or by logging back into and updating your online profile anytime
- A written submission of the shifts you are available to work (hours of work include daytime, evening and weekends) must accompany your resume
- Participation in mandatory pre-season training on June 9, 2019 (8 am to 4 pm) is required
- Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check and also a satisfactory driver’s abstract. Please submit your online application @www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
Pool Skills Screening for selected new applicants will be held on April 8, 2019 at Poirier Pool.
- Related experience with swimming instruction, life guarding, computer and cash handling, and pool maintenance
- National Lifesaving Award (NL, Pool Option)
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor’s Certificate or equivalent
- Standard First Aid Certificate
- C.P.R. Certificate "C"
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Lifesaving Instructor Course is an asset
Date Added 2/8/2019
Branch/Location Office Aquatics
City Port Moody
State/Province British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly $23.74
Compensation & Benefits Overview plus 12% in lieu of benefits