Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Parks & Recreation
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
Tuesday - Saturday 40 hours per week
$25.54 - $27.77 per hour + 12% in lieu of all benefits
The City of New Westminster is seeking a seasonal Farm Leader to assume responsibility for the operations of the Queen’s Park Farm. Responsibilities will include animal care, public relations, and daily operations, in coordination with supervisors and coworkers. This auxiliary position will work 40 hours per week and will commence in early May 2019 for approximately 18 weeks. This position includes work on weekdays and weekends.
This position will be required to:
- Provide a clean and safe site for the animals, public and staff.
- Perform grooming, feeding and general care of animals, including administration of basic medication and minor animal first aid.
- Order, stock and maintain feed and supplies.
- Train staff and volunteers.
- Facilitate farm programs.
- Participate in the delivery of special events.
- Maintain a fun atmosphere in the farm.
- Complete relevant reports, forms and requests.
- Completion of a program or courses related to animal care, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in working with animals.
- Strong practical experience in farm animal care.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass and maintain a police information check.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #19-26, by March 22, 2019, to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604) 527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.