Building Inspector - Columbia Valley
19 – 24 Avenue South
Cranbrook BC V1C 3H8
Phone: (250) 489-2791 or 1-888-478-7335
Building Inspector - Columbia Valley(Invermere Area)
The Regional District of East Kootenay is looking for an experienced and customer service focused Building Inspector located out of our Columbia Valley Office, just minutes from Invermere. Reporting to the Building & Protective Services Manager, the Building Inspector is responsible for reviewing commercial and residential building plans, performing inspections and issuing building permits to comply with applicable bylaws, codes and regulations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Building Officials Association of BC Level 2 or 3;
- Completion of a technical program in carpentry and plumbing with 3 - 5 years’ experience in a local government building department or an equivalent combination of training and experience; and
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence.
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of building construction methods and materials, building and plumbing codes, zoning bylaws, and regulations affecting the construction and repair of buildings;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to read blueprints and legal maps;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; and
- Ability to work effectively with the general public, contractors and trades people.
The RDEK offers an attractive total compensation package, which includes a competitive salary, excellent benefits, a modified workweek and learning opportunities. This is a permanent, full-time (35 hours per week) Union position with a starting hourly rate of $36.16 – $40.01/hour depending BOABC Certification and increases to $37.96 - $42.01 hour after successful completion of the 6-month probationary period.
If you are interested in joining an organization with a reputation of being a great place to work, and you possess the necessary qualifications and experience, we invite you to submit a resume and cover letter, with references, to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org [MS Word format or PDF]
Please quote: BUILD-11
This posting will remain open until filled.
Information on our organization and a complete job description are available on the RDEK website (www.rdek.bc.ca/careers).
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.