Director, Resource Management and Director, Regional Initiatives
BC Public Service
BC Public Service
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development
Fort St John
Director, Resource Management and Director, Regional InitiativesBring your vision, leadership and strategic planning skills to BC’s Natural Resource Sector in amazing Fort St John - consider one of these two exciting roles!
Two fulltime positions are available in Fort St. John
Salary $87,600.00 – $114,100.00 annually
The Director of Resource Management is accountable for the delivery of region-wide operations and the coordination of consistent delivery of regional activities under provincial policy, legislative direction and cabinet mandate within the ministry.
The Director of Regional Initiatives leads a team of project leaders who manage a diverse portfolio of complex major projects that have long term impact/benefit. These projects are taken from original concept through to final completion.
If you have demonstrated exceptional leadership, possess highly effective communication skills, enjoy working with a staff of talented professionals, have a passion for BC’s Natural Resources, and are seeking a rewarding, meaningful career opportunity, we want to hear from you!
Qualifications for Director, Resource Management and Director, Regional Initiatives include:
- Degree in a field related to Natural Resources Management or Business/Public Administration or acceptable equivalent.
- Considerable experience in a senior operational management capacity in the public sector or industry including business and organizational planning accountabilities.
- Experience dealing with politically sensitive and provincially significant issues and with developing policy, procedures and corporate practices.
- Considerable experience leading and coaching diverse teams. Preference may be given to applicants who have experience supervising within a unionized work environment.
- Experience in financial and human resource management.
For more information and to apply by February 25, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/57044
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.