School District No. 43 (Coquitlam)
School District No. 43 (Coquitlam)
We are hiring! Do you have what it takes to join our team. We see our employees as our greatest assets. We have a current career opportunity for Energy Manager. School District No. 43 (Coquitlam) is the third largest school district in BC with approximately 32,000 students in 70 schools. We serve the communities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, and the villages of Anmore and Belcarra. Our district has been consistently rated by British Columbia Ministry of Education as one of the best performing districts in the province and we are proud to run the largest international education program in Canada.
The Energy Manager position will be responsible for developing district wide commitment to energy conservation and a reduced carbon footprint; meeting annual targets to reduce electricity use across the school district; developing and implementing district wide awareness and training activities; ensuring effective resource management; fostering innovative approaches to energy management in the district; and establishing district wide reporting and feedback mechanisms for energy conservation initiatives, including the development of a long term sustainable energy management plan.
Required Education and Experience:
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Sustainable Energy Management Associate Certificate (SEMAC) or completion of the UBC Masters in Clean Energy: Energy Efficiency Module (such as a Masters in business or other appropriate field, registered professional engineer, registered engineering technologist, or certified energy manager).
- Comprehensive knowledge of building mechanical and electrical systems including broad knowledge of Automation Systems.
- Certified Journeyman Electrician or Certified Technician (HVAC, instrumentation or a related discipline)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with energy efficient technology related to lighting systems, HVAC systems, cooling plant equipment, heating plant equipment and control systems.
- Familiarity and knowledge of energy efficient technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and experience with capital and energy projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in project management, contract management, budget development, business case development, financial controls and analysis.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to ensure information is communicated appropriately (including writing business cases and reports).
- Demonstrated ability to lead, facilitate, and gain consensus with various stakeholders and teams including senior management.
- Excellent managerial, interpersonal, negotiating, dispute resolution and communication skills.
- A valid BC driver’s license and business use of personal vehicle.
A competitive salary is offered along with a generous benefits package. The successful applicant will be required to successfully complete two criminal record checks.
To apply, interested applicants should email their application outlining all relevant experience and three reference contacts in confidence to Brenda Niehaus, Manager of Human Resources - firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
The full job description can be found at www.sd43.bc.ca under the District Office tab, Job Opportunities, Excluded Staff/Administration