Traffic Control Person
Traffic Control Person (TCP)
(Temporary Full Time)
The District of West Vancouver has immediate openings for TCPs (Traffic Control Person/Flagger). We are looking for professional and experienced TCPs to join our growing team!
- Steady Full-Time work
- Mileage Reimbursement $0.54/km
- Referral Bonus of $50 to $100!
- Starting wage $24.28 per hour
- All shifts will start and end on the North Shore
- Friendly, safety-focused team
Key job duties include:
- Directing drivers, pedestrians, and workers to safe routes around road construction sites;
- Reviewing traffic management plans;
- Setting up and providing traffic control specifications;
- Training other site workers about traffic and equipment safety;
- Responding to questions from members of the public regarding traffic direction, alternate routes, and driving directions, and;
- Performing other related duties as required.
We’re looking for candidates who can:
- Work effectively and efficiently in a team environment or alone while maintaining a safety first mentality;
- Follow traffic regulations and safety procedures while adapting to last minute schedule changes;
- Communicate effectively and exercise tact and diplomacy while interacting with member of the public;
- Exercise sufficient physical strength and agility to perform the duties of the position and operate related equipment, and;
- Record and maintain records related to the work.
Candidates must have:
- A valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License,
- A BCCSA approved Traffic Control Person certification
- Access to their own vehicle.
Secondary School Graduation plus related work experience would be considered an asset.
Please contact ICBC at 604-661-2255 or online at ICBC.com and have them email your Claims History & Driver’s Abstract to us at email@example.com. Your Claims History & Driver’s Abstract must be submitted directly from ICBC or your application will not be processed.
WVMEA (Union) – Temporary Full-Time
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$24.28 per hour ($21.68 plus 12% in lieu of benefits)
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.