Group Fitness Instructors
City of Surrey
Group Fitness Instructors
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
We are looking for certified Group Fitness Instructors that love fitness, motivating people and are committed to providing great customer service to teach a variety of classes at recreation facilities across the City. We have various positions available teaching a wide range of fitness classes including:
- Group Fitness Instructors – General
- Group Fitness Instructors – Indoor Cycling
- Group Fitness Instructors - TRX
- Group Fitness Instructors - Older Adult
- Group Fitness Instructors – Zumba and Zumba Gold
Instructor - Auxiliary
- You will instruct for all levels and experiences and will be able to motivate and lead large groups – from beginners to long time fitness enthusiast. Additional certification to teach special population such as Older Adult, pre-post-natal and adaptive fitness is an asset.
- All candidates should be self-motivated, skilled at building relationships with clients, have strong and clear communication skills and have a passion for health and wellness.
- These positions may include weekends, weekdays and/or evenings shifts.
- A practical demonstration of teaching skills will be a required component of the screening process.
Our Group Fitness Instructors are required to have the following:
- Proof of Group Fitness certification and currently registered with a recognized organization (BCRPA or CFES).
- Current Emergency First Aid and CPR Level A Certificate.
- In addition to having your group fitness certification and Emergency First Aid/CPR the below instructors are required to have the following in applicable to the position:
- Indoor Cycling: Proof of completion of an Indoor Cycling course/workshop
- TRX: Proof of completion of a TRX Suspension course/workshop
- Older Adult: Older Adult fitness certification
- Zumba: Proof of Zumba fitness certification and Zin registration
- Zumba Gold: Proof of Zumba Gold and Older Adult Fitness certification
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Approximate Recruitment Timeline:
January 4 to 27
Demo Dates / Interviewing
February 4, 5, 8
References and Police Information Checks
Extending Employment Offers
Candidates must successfully complete a practical demonstration of skill. If invited, candidates will have to attend one of the above Demo Dates.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID2695. Posting will remain posted until January 27, 2019.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca